AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Click-To-Call With Multiple Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm setting up a campaign for a client who is running a click-to-call campaign for multiple stores in the same city. 

1) How would you recommend setting up this campaign (how to divide the city among the stores)?

2) If I don't segment the city for each of the stores, would the closest store's ad show up?

Do you know of any reading/resources discussing this issue?

Thanks!

Re: Click-To-Call With Multiple Locations

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I laid out a possible strategy for targeting multiple stores within a metro area here

Essentially the location targetng is not perfect. You can try to give the google machine as many signals as possible to match the right ad to the right user, but there are always pro's and con's to any strategy.

With enhanced campaigns click to call only will be a thing of the past, so you can only try to do this with a legacy campaign, but that will change in a couple of months. You will have to weigh whether or not it's worth it to try and put in the effort now, knowing that as soon as you get it dialed in, all of your campaign settings will change. 

At this point, most if not all of the resources available dealing with this specific issue focus on legacy campaigns. Enhanced campaigns are still so new, call only with multiple locations is certainly on many people's "what are we going to do now" list, but there are multiple components of that strategy that have to be worked out first, before a comprehensive plan can be enacted, analyzed, and presented.

What do you think about the approach laid out in the other post? Where could that work for you or not? How do we then apply that approach to enhanced campaigns?

Tom