AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Choosing the relevant keywords using Keyword Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I had just started to learn how to use google Adwords. I have red lots of information but I need more precisions on how to pick  the relevant keywords when using the keyword tool. Should i consider the global monthly searches or the CPC?

When the competition is high for a keyword, which is the best pick the medium one or still use it?

Re: Choosing the relevant keywords using Keyword Tool

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ravaka P,

Welcome..

Should i consider the global monthly searches or the CPC?

if you want to promote your business in all countries then you have to consider Global Monthly Searches But if you want to target a specific country/Region then you have to consider the Local monthly searches.

Yes you have to check the Approx CPC for your targeted keywords  & The competition column as well.By these columns you    will get idea about how your competitors worldwide bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. In the "Competition" column, you can see whether the competition for a keyword idea is low, medium, or high.

When the competition is high for a keyword, which is the best pick the medium one or still use it?

its completely depends on your advertising budget & the max cpc that you are willing to pay for a single click for your targeted keywords.If your budget is high enough then you can target the high competitions keywords but if the budget is low then it is good to pick up the medium/low competitive keywords.Also check the Approx CPC column along with competition.

To learn more you can visit the site 

Understanding Keyword Tool columns

Re: Choosing the relevant keywords using Keyword Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I appreciate your help