Choosing campaign type for my first campaign[ Edited ]
March 2013 - last edited September 2014 by CocoP
I am a small retail store with an online store. I will be starting AdWords with one product (canvas art prints). Any suggestions on which campaign type I should start with ?
Re: Not sure which campaign type to choose for my first campaign-[ Edited ]
March 2013 - last edited March 2013
Welcome to the community…!
You must at least know the basics of Adwords campaign management to run a successful campaign. So please learn as much as you can about Adwords before starting your campaign.
I can give you some suggestions
1. Start with a campaign which targets only the search network initially, (by default a new campaign will target both search and content network) with a limited number of targeted keywords.
2. Set your target area (a new campaign will target the entire US, so select your country/state or city where you can deliver your products profitably.
3. Choose your keyword match type carefully (As you are just beginning start with exact match or phrase match (change your keyword match type later based on search volume of your keywords in your target area and sales)
4. Organize you keywords in to relevant small theme based ad groups.
5. Write good compelling ads to attract the right customers. And use appropriate landing pages which matches your keywords.
The links below will help you in some way
Choosing your keywords - http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722049
Writing successful ads - http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392
Create your first campaign - http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704395?hl=en
Choose your bids and budget - http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375454
Choose your target location - http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722072
A guide to build successful Adwords campaign - http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/en//adwords/pdf/s...
Hope this helps,