AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Charged for clicks on my ads that are NOT showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I set up new account Monday. Account went under review as normal.. no biggie. Campaign says no ads are running yet as its under a periodical review. Ok I get that. So today I notice my account was charged for 21 clicks!!!! WHAT??? How do I get charged for clicking on my ad WHE THEY ARE NOT SHOWING??? So, I actually called and got a hold of someone...believe it or not. AND he was from USA. He was so sweet but could not answer why. He kept trying to tell me the keywords that were deleted were the ones getting the hits....but....CLICK HITS ON WHAT??? No ads are showing. No one can find my ads... my friends around the city on different computers look for them and nothing. So the nice Google guy is checking on it. I have a feeling Google is pulling a fast one over on all of us. How do we know how many peopl click our ads. I'm telling ya if it comes out that Google is doing that, this is going to be bad. Then how do you explain getting charged for clicks on my ad that isn't showing yet. HELP! Anyone else go through this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Charged for clicks on my ads that are NOT showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
I understand your frustration  However, billing /payment issues are account specifics. Since we do not have access to the account we cannot help with that.

Please contact your local Google customer service. (See contact details below):
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Charged for clicks on my ads that are NOT showing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
HI jana M,

You say "Account went under review as normal." Normal is the campaign/ad is under review, and the status of the ad and campaign would be "eligible". That means your ad can run on Google search but not on the DN or Search Partners. Is that what's going on with your campaign?

Go to the campaign tab and segment by network. If you are targeting both Google search and search partners and you see impression and clicks only on Google, this is likely what's happening.

How do we know how many people click? Go look at your web logs or Google Analytics if you have it. See if you can find 21 page views from AdWords during the period in question. In your web logs, look for incoming requests with a gclid value in the query string (just do a search for "gclid"). If you find any, those were AdWords clicks. I am assuming your have auto-tagging enabled.

In Google analytics, look for Google (CPC) as the referrer--that's the easiest and quickest way to verify. Remember that Analytics counts visits and AdWords counts clicks. So 2 clicks from the same person in one day results in 2 AdWords clicks and one Analytics visit.

Google makes plenty on AdWords. They don't need to cheat you for 21 clicks. That's not good for business.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Charged for clicks on my ads that are NOT showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the EXACT same issues.... they charged me almost $50 so far and I haven't gotten even 1 customer from my google ad at all. and they said my ads not running yet, they deffinitly are pulling a fast one.