AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Chaning MCC and site, not domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I can't wrap my head around this one. It seemed so simple at first but I'm a little wary I might reset more than I have to upon moving this particular AdWords account to us.

My company has made a website currently on a work-domain, which later will take the domain of the clients old website, removing what was once there. But there is an AdWords account connected to the old page, and it has different sitelinks than the new one. Well, not much, but with the previous webmasters (I think they handcraft pages but we use WordPress) there is some /letter/1023193 behind every link. Apart from that they're the same, sitename.com/pagename is identical for most pages.

I know that changing MCC alone won't affect the QS or campaigns, but we are talking about changing webhoster, sitelinks and transfering everything to my companys MCC. 

What should I do to make the best of this full transfer? 

Also I'll gain access to a connected Analytics account, and a Webmaster tools account. How can these best be transfered to my Google Account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eirik B
September 2015

Re: Chaning MCC and site, not domain

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Eirik,

Moving an Account across MCCs won't have any effect on performance.  MCCs are just "containers" for Accounts and have no impact on actual performance.  As far as changing hosts goes, that shouldn't have an effect; the only slightly possibility - and this applies to the change from bespoke to Wordpress as well as any changes to the site content - is a change of page load time.  Changes to the site from a redesign may, of course, also affect landing page relevance and user experience, both of which impact QS.

Ultimately, though, if your new site is "better" than the old one (faster, better navigation, better content, etc.) then the changes should be positive ones.

As far as Analytics and WMT goes, why would you want to transfer these?  If they are currently under the administration of the company owner, they should stay that way and you'd merely access them via approved additional user access.  AdWords, Analytics, Webmaster Tools, YouTube et al, should always be "owned" by the site owner, with managers having only approved access.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

HI Eirik,

Sure, sites change all the time and Google know this so there's no penalty for changing URLs, all that might happen is a change due to the different page, which I'm sure you understand.

Understand about GA/WMT; it annoys me when management companies "own" these important products, I've seen too many clients who lost their GA history because the previous agency was unwilling to release the data.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Jon

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Should this be in billing?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Eirik,

Moving an Account across MCCs won't have any effect on performance.  MCCs are just "containers" for Accounts and have no impact on actual performance.  As far as changing hosts goes, that shouldn't have an effect; the only slightly possibility - and this applies to the change from bespoke to Wordpress as well as any changes to the site content - is a change of page load time.  Changes to the site from a redesign may, of course, also affect landing page relevance and user experience, both of which impact QS.

Ultimately, though, if your new site is "better" than the old one (faster, better navigation, better content, etc.) then the changes should be positive ones.

As far as Analytics and WMT goes, why would you want to transfer these?  If they are currently under the administration of the company owner, they should stay that way and you'd merely access them via approved additional user access.  AdWords, Analytics, Webmaster Tools, YouTube et al, should always be "owned" by the site owner, with managers having only approved access.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jon,

So even though the sitelinks may change the Ads can still be used, I just need to change URL? The pages should be better and will focus on the same content and keywords.

Analytics and WMT are managed by the company that used to run all of this FOR the client. But I suppose the client has their own owner-user. I've done research on how to add new admins/owners and remove old ones for these so no worries there.

Thanks for reply, best regards
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

HI Eirik,

Sure, sites change all the time and Google know this so there's no penalty for changing URLs, all that might happen is a change due to the different page, which I'm sure you understand.

Understand about GA/WMT; it annoys me when management companies "own" these important products, I've seen too many clients who lost their GA history because the previous agency was unwilling to release the data.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Jon