AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Changing URLs in PPC account when changing domain name

N/A
# 1
N/A

I am familiar with another post from 2014 regarding the trials and tribulations of changing domain names for a PPC account.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Changing-URLs-in-PPC-account-when-moving...

My question is - has anything changed since this post was closed?  I am in a position to be needing the latest info as I am being forced to change domain names, but don't want to lose performance if possible.

Thank you.

Re: Changing URLs in PPC account when changing domain name

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

Unfortunately, while other opportunities exist to change subdomain or suffixes on Ad URLs with tracking and custom url templates, the domain itself will require new ads which creates new ads without ad performance history.

However, this is not a bad thing as the rollout of extended text ads (ETAs) in recent history will allow you to create new ads with this new formatting, which requires manual changes anyway. This is a good time to try out new ad creative with call to action language, company and offering differentiators, and why you and your offerings provide a solution to a specific user problem.

I hope this helps!

Nick