AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Changing Duration of Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you change the duration of an audience.  For example I changed one of mine from 30 days to 15 days, do I need to generate a new tag and add the code all over again to all the appropriate pages?  It looks like the tag didn't change when I glance at it but I'm really not 100% sure.  Will the system automatically drop all cookies older than 15 days now for this specific tag?  I'm hoping someone can help explain how this works. Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoMo (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Changing Duration of Audience

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tino,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

From this Help Center page: Understanding membership duration and how to change it

"If you change the duration after a list has already accumulated some cookies, the new duration is applied only to cookies that are added to the list after the change. The cookies previously on the list will keep the original duration. If you prefer to reset it completely, we recommend creating a new list."

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Changing Duration of Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info!