AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Changing Duration of Audience: YouTube Audiences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several videos on YouTube, and separately I'm running ads.  If someone watches one of these videos I'd like to exclude them from seeing any of my ads for the next week.  I should be able to do this with a remarketing list, but here's my problem:

In the Shared Library > Audiences section, there are 6 YouTube-based remarketing lists (Liked Only, Disliked Only, Shared Only, Visited Only, Visited Channel Only, Subscribed [Channel] Only).  

I want to change their membership duration but can't (currently set to 365 or 540 days each).  Is this possible?  I'd make a duplicate list, but don't know how to define the rules so that previous viewers won't see ads.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CharlieUnicorn
September 2015

Re: Changing Duration of Audience: YouTube Audiences

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Charlie, in the article Remarketing to YouTube viewers with AdWords, in the section "Creat a video remarketing list" it says that you can directly set the membership duration. Is this not the case with your ads?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That looks like it did the trick.  I was trying to edit the remarketing list in "All online campaigns" instead of "All video campaigns".

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CharlieUnicorn
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Charlie, in the article Remarketing to YouTube viewers with AdWords, in the section "Creat a video remarketing list" it says that you can directly set the membership duration. Is this not the case with your ads?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That looks like it did the trick.  I was trying to edit the remarketing list in "All online campaigns" instead of "All video campaigns".