AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Changing CPC etc from info in a Spreadsheet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I exported a large number of Keywords from my Adwords account to an Excel spreadsheet.

I made my own notes etc on performance and changed the CPCs in the spreadsheet.

Is there an easy way to transfer the new CPC rates from my Excel Spreadsheet into my Adwords account, without zeroing all information in my Adwords account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Changing CPC etc from info in a Spreadsheet

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey SimonFletcher,

Changing CPC's won't reset your keyword statistics. However, you won't be able to import the new ones via the AdWords interface. I would suggest downloading AdWords Editor, which allows you to import/export csv files. This is an offline tool that links to your AdWords account. It makes it very easy to make bulk changes offline and then post to AdWords.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey SimonFletcher,

Changing CPC's won't reset your keyword statistics. However, you won't be able to import the new ones via the AdWords interface. I would suggest downloading AdWords Editor, which allows you to import/export csv files. This is an offline tool that links to your AdWords account. It makes it very easy to make bulk changes offline and then post to AdWords.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Bluelon,

Many thanks for taking the time to help.  I shall download Adwords Editor and give it a go.

Best wishes,

Simon