AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Change in geotargeting & AW 30 days cookie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

If I narrow down the geo-targeting for an AW campaign on a specific date, let's say today, can I then still receive clicks from the previous broader geo-targeting radius after this change? Because this is what happens; I still receive clicks from the broader radius that I set before after I narrowed down the radius.

I'm not sure, but I thought maybe it has to do with the 30 days cookie that AW places when clicking the ad? Or this totally not related?

Hope someone has a good explanation to share :-)

Thanks, Maron

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Change in geotargeting & AW 30 days cookie

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maron,

If you go into the campaign settings and then expand the Location options (advanced) section what do you see selected for Target?

"People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location" still gives people outside of your target radius the opportunity to see your ads if they are performing searches related to the target area.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maron,

If you go into the campaign settings and then expand the Location options (advanced) section what do you see selected for Target?

"People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location" still gives people outside of your target radius the opportunity to see your ads if they are performing searches related to the target area.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Scotty, didn't immediately think of this :-)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No problem Maron! Smiley Happy

Still keep an eye on the incoming data however as there might be more to it.