AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Change ad copy based on location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to change the ad copy for one of my client's campaigns based on the location of the user. I understand using ad customisers would be approach needed but I'm not sure specifically how to achieve what I need.

Specifically what needs to happen is if the user is based in Greater London the ad copy should be different from users in other locations. Can I set up the ad template to something like 'if user is in Greater London show this, else show this'?

Appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Re: Change ad copy based on location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Answerinf my own question here in case it helps anyone else. Found this answer in a Search Engine Land Post; New: Use Location In AdWords Ad Customizers To Auto-Tailor Ads Based On Where Users Are.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Anthony C,

If you sell products or services in various locations, you may want to consider using location customizers to adjust the text of your ad copy to users' physical whereabouts or geo-locations they’re interested in. To do so you are advised to study and follow the steps described on the below help page.

***   Set up ad customizers   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6093368

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for responding Lakatos.

Unfortunately your solution isn't applicable. The client is a venue, and wants to highlight their bedrooms as a feature to viewers who are not in the Greater London area, hence the need for an 'if this' solution. So it's less about inserting the user's location into the ad but changing the ad content if they match a location. I need to be able to do this as the alternative is to set up a new campaign with different targeting parameters, which is overkill for what we need.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Re: Change ad copy based on location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Answerinf my own question here in case it helps anyone else. Found this answer in a Search Engine Land Post; New: Use Location In AdWords Ad Customizers To Auto-Tailor Ads Based On Where Users Are.