AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Change Headline 2 of multiple ads with scripts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

first of all I'm quite unfamiliar with adWords scripting but ran into a problem. A client wishes to change the headline 2 of all of his campaigns and ads to include or exclude further information depending on whether or not the audience signed up for their bonus card program or not. How would I go about doing something with scripts? Is that possible? 

Thanks in advance!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Robin R

I think you could solve this by using a feature that was published a few months ago. No script needed.

You would have to create an audience of people who signed up for your bonus program (let's call it "bonus program audience"). Then you can use IF function in title 2:

{=IF(audience IN(bonus program audience), Save 30%): Save 10%}

Save 30% and Save 10% is the text that will show up in the title 2. Save 30% is for people who signed up for the bonus program, Save 10% is for the rest.

You can find out more here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7207341?hl=en

Regards,

Hana

Re: Change Headline 2 of multiple ads with scripts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Hana K!

Thank you so much for your advice. The IF function is exactly what I'm looking for Smiley Happy Are you aware of a method to mass-implement it in multiple campaigns or is it only possible to add it manually by hand?

Best regards,

Robin

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Robin R

You can mass implement it using Adwords Editor:

https://www.google.com/intl/en-US/adwordseditor/

I am happy I could help Smiley Happy

Regards,

Hana