AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Chaneg from AdWords conversions to Analytics on Conversion Optimizer

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone - 

I'm migrating the way our lead conversions are tracked from the AdWords tag, instead to importing from Google Analytics so we can use the additional reporting there. 

My campaigns are on Conversion Optimizer, can anyone think of a reason the change in the conversion reporting source would upset conversion optimizer?

Suggestions on how to handle this migration?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Chaneg from AdWords conversions to Analytics on Conversion Optimi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The only comment I would make is that as soon as the GA conversions start coming in, you will have double conversions - so your CPA will be half what it truly is...

The thing is, the GA conversions come into AdWords with a 48 hour delay... so it's not quite right during this small transition window. Make sure you disable the AdWordsa conversion as soon as the GA conversions start triggering in GA - two days later they will appear in AdWords reporting.

Provided the CO campaign is using the same conversion - in the sense that the same action is being reported, this should not impact on the CO results.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
We've already disabled the AdWords conversion tag - will the delay in conversion reporting from Analytics impact conversion optmizer's ability to make a predictive model if ther is 48 hours of missing conversion information?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Rosie, 

Universal Analytics conversions should not messed with your Conversion Optimizer. Furthermore I would recommend that you take advantage of Universal Analytics remarketing as well if you are not already. 

Best!

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’