AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Cant see impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks,

I have an adwords campaign up and running. My ads are approved. I have enough money in account. I have added all the keywords in modified broad match. Geographical region correctly set up.

Everything was going well and fine, I got clicks and good impressions in the account. As the keywords were too competitive, it was costing us much money so, I added few long tail keyphrases in the campaign. Even, these keywords have enough searches.

I can see my ads running in ad preview tool but they are not getting any impressions. I have increased bids, raised budget cap but all in vain and now i am in deep trouble.

Called adwords representative but couldn't get any satisfactory reply. Kindly, help me.

Thanks
Adaptativeincre

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author adaptativeincre
September 2015

Re: Cant see impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adaptativeincre and welcome,

One obvious reason I could think of (for your long tail keywords for not getting impressions) could be that people are not searching with those ones quite often.

Another reason could be the low ad rank or low quality score. If that's low, your ad might not trigger frequently.

Now in order to control the budget and get the more relevant traffic, you could try few things:

Look at the Search Terms Report and identify the core terms which users are entering quite frequently. Try and include them if possible with restrictive match types i.e. phrase and exact matches. With new keyword matching options, your phrase and exact matches are also eligible for their close variants, so there are chances of good traffic and relevant as well.

Also look for the unwanted queries and add them as negative keywords at ad group/ campaign level in order to make sure that you receive high relevant traffic only.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author adaptativeincre
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adaptativeincre and welcome,

One obvious reason I could think of (for your long tail keywords for not getting impressions) could be that people are not searching with those ones quite often.

Another reason could be the low ad rank or low quality score. If that's low, your ad might not trigger frequently.

Now in order to control the budget and get the more relevant traffic, you could try few things:

Look at the Search Terms Report and identify the core terms which users are entering quite frequently. Try and include them if possible with restrictive match types i.e. phrase and exact matches. With new keyword matching options, your phrase and exact matches are also eligible for their close variants, so there are chances of good traffic and relevant as well.

Also look for the unwanted queries and add them as negative keywords at ad group/ campaign level in order to make sure that you receive high relevant traffic only.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Now, I have added generic keywords as well and they are being shown on Google as per the adword preview tool.

Yes, few of these have low quality score though I have set up the capaign with very targeted adgroups. But, I have raised the bids so no such issue related to ads not showing due to bad quality score. Moreover, the quality score remains 4 and above for most of the keywords Smiley Happy

Yes, I have included the search terms too but these are in modiifed broad match. Hope thats not an issue with Google to keep all of the keywords in modi-broad.

Added various negatives as well. So far I didn't recieve any loose clicks, does it make me adwords ninja Smiley Tongue?? Kidding Smiley Happy

On a serious note, my ads are being run throughout the day and night and settings have been made to get the budget finished by showing ads asap.

Now, when can I expect issues to be resolved? Also, does the above settings have to do anything with ads not getting impressions?

Thanks

Adaptativeincre 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

There could be one reason of keyword conflict in the sense that some keywords interfering with other keywords and ads not triggering from the one you want. In order to streamline the traffic, you could think of adding embedded negative keywords at ad group level or campaign level, so that uniformity is maintained.

There's one interesting article here dealing with how similar keywords in different match types behave during ad auction process. It should help you in further refining the account structure.

Wish you success!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Yes, its working now. I worked upon your advise and my ads start showing up now. I removed few duplicates as well. The campaign got some clicks, finally. Smiley Happy

But, the most painful thing is that I haven't got any leads out of the amount spent. Smiley Sad No phone calls, no emails; nothing.

I tried two variations of landing pages, nither of them worked. I have images, contact form, phone number, powerful call to action lines, testimonials, services USP, portfolio of previous work, terms and condition links etc.

Well, when the first design of landing page did work then I decided to take an idea from my competitors. I have eveything which is needed on a successful landing page. Also, I have checked that all of my contact forms are working properly as I tried sending test queries and they were recieved successfully. 

Could you help me with your ideas? 

Thanks

Adaptativeincre

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

So it seems like your first issue is resolved i.e clicks and all. Isn't it? If yes, then please accept the solution for this thread which looks best to you.

Now it's a second issue that you need assistance with improving landing page, leads, phone calls etc...I would advice you to open a new thread so that other community members can also see it and share their advices on it afresh.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, I have accepted your suggestions a a solution. Now, I am posting my problem in a new thread, please look at it too

Thanks
Adaptativeincre

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
@Adaptativeincre, much appreciated.