AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Cant find a placement and add it to my campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hy guys,

back with another question. I found a placement, I can see from the website they have ad sense in it, but when I try to add it to my managed placement campaign, google doesn't show it in "Search for placement ideas" when I look for it.

Is it because the publisher chooses to remain anonymus?

Re: Cant find a placement and add it to my campaign

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think it is only because of anonymity. For example in the AdWords help files you can find instructions on how to target the gmail placement : link , yet when you use the keyword gmail or Google Mail, it doesn't show up either in the Display Planner.

no-gmail.png

But if you go to a Display Network Ad group and select "Change Display Targeting" you can see the option to "Add multiple placements" manually. This is how I have added Gmail and others that I have seen to have Adsense.

how-to-add-gmail-manually.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, this is the way I have added the site, because I know for sure it has ad sense. Just trying to understand why i dont see it in the list and why ad planner says its not part of GDN.
For the moment I'm waiting to see if it gets impressions

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It can happen that only a section of the website has AdSense, for example the Sports section,or certain type of articles and the other pages are left "commercial free" for readers. They might not put Ads on all pages.

In this case when you add the placement you should use the exact URL for the sub-site category of articles or page where you have seen the AdSense.