AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot sign up for Adwords API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/signingup

This doc appears to be wrong or something is broken.  I have seen several others post on this exact topic.  I have gone over and over this, but it couldn't be more clear:

You can sign up for the AdWords API when logged in to your MCC account. Navigate to [Settings (gear icon in top right corner) > Account Settings (drop-down menu) > AdWords API Center (left menu)] and follow the instructions to apply for AdWords API access.

There is NO "AdWords API Center" link.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot sign up for Adwords API

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Aaron.

I just checked this. Actually the path is correct, It's available there. Please see the screen shot

Capture.JPG

I just check this. Actually the path is correct, It's available there. Please see the screen shot

Re: Cannot sign up for Adwords API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I finally got it. I think the root of the problem, and the reason so many others seem to have reported the same issue, is that there is no way to create an MCC account if there is already Adwords linked to the same Google account. But to make matters worse, if you are going through an MCC signup using such a Google account, you are never alerted to this problem. My recommended solutions would be, in order of preference:

1) Allow the ability to create an MCC account with any Google account, even if Adwords was previously set up.

-or-

2) Display an error when you attempt to sign up with MCC using a Google account previously linked to AdWords: e.g. "We're sorry, your account is currently using AdWords and so cannot create a new MCC account. Please create a separate username."

Hope this helps!