AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Cancelling a previous Google adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a previous Google account which went with the business I have sol;d. I now want to cancel it as I am still being billed for it. I remember the email address but the password has been changed by the new owners. How do I cancel that account so I dont get ongoing bills on my credit card?

Peter

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cancelling a previous Google adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Peter,

As you said that the AdWords account was associated with a business which you have already sold out. So logically you should have removed your Credit Card or payment details before changing the ownership of your business.

You can cancel the AdWords account but that requires login into the account. I would suggest you to talk with the Business owners whom you have transferred your business to. Otherwise, second option would be to block your Credit Card by speaking with the Bank so that your card is not charged next time. 

Here's the process on how to cancel AdWords account: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6055604?hl=en&rd=2

Pankaj

Re: Cancelling a previous Google adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have spoken with the bank and they are takin g it up with Google. I spoke with thernew owners and they cannot access the account as they have changed the password.