AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can you recommend some great guides/ tutorials/ seminars/ books for intermediate & advanced adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, I got into the AdWords just several months back to promote my own business. Adwords soon became my best ROI marketing tool. I've read a couple of books and watched many videos on youtube, but am now interested in some in-depth advanced info. Was wondering if you can recommend some seminars/ books/ training programs/ and other sources of information (paid or free) that can help me go beyond my abilities and possibly start a google AdWords advertising agency? I am finding some very expensive webinars that I don't mind paying for as long as they are really worth it. Hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction.

Thank you so much

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can you recommend some great guides/ tutorials/ seminars/ books for intermediate & advanced adwords

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Besides reading Perry Marshall's book (it was one of the few that came out not long after I started doing AdWords in 2006) and later Brad Geddes' book, I have found the 2 best sources of learning have been working in an agency with a team and the Google+ AdWords and Partner forums.    

I've done SMX, SearchLove, and a few other events and don't usually take to much from them in terms of actionable items.

Back in the day (2011), I, through my old agency, taught the AdWords 101 & 201 courses now offered by companies like Luna Metrics & Cardinal Path (in the US).  I know there is a 301 course...maybe the 201 or 301 course would be beneficial depending on your level of expertise.  The 101 was pretty basic, but the 201 course used to contain lots of useful tips for those managing accounts.

Re: Can you recommend some great guides/ tutorials/ seminars/ books for intermediate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, sir. I enjoyed the Brad Geddes' book a lot, but the Perry
Marshall's one mainly irritated me with its "salesy-ness". I will be sure
to check the Luna Metrics & Cardinal Path's courses.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I personally prefer only sources endorsed by Google,. These can be verified an if an error found or a feature is updated - the documentation can be edited.

My recommendation: Follow the AdWords blog, AdWords on Twitter and the articles section of this community.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’