AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can we update finalurl at adgroup level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to Adwords and trying to understand the FinalURL feature that was recently introduced. I have few questions.

1. Can we update the finalurls at the AdGroup level?

2. If we update trackingtemplate at the adgroup level and if the keyword does not have a tracking url would the tracking url at the adgroup level be used?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raguvind G
September 2015

Re: Can we update finalurl at adgroup level

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Raguvind,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You can have Final URLs at Ad Level and Keyword Level, it won't be available at ad group. Technically, it's not required either. Though, you can update your Tracking Template at Ad Group Level. 

To your second question - 

Yes, if use a shared tracking template at Ad Group Level and if you do not have Tracking Template at Ad or Keyword level, tracking template from Ad Group Level will be used. Though, if you set an Ad or Keyword level tracking even when you have it set at Ad Group level as well, AdWords will ignore the the one at ad group level. 

Putting it simple, AdWords will use Tracking Template at the lowest level in hierarchy. 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raguvind G
September 2015

Re: Can we update finalurl at adgroup level

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Raguvind,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You can have Final URLs at Ad Level and Keyword Level, it won't be available at ad group. Technically, it's not required either. Though, you can update your Tracking Template at Ad Group Level. 

To your second question - 

Yes, if use a shared tracking template at Ad Group Level and if you do not have Tracking Template at Ad or Keyword level, tracking template from Ad Group Level will be used. Though, if you set an Ad or Keyword level tracking even when you have it set at Ad Group level as well, AdWords will ignore the the one at ad group level. 

Putting it simple, AdWords will use Tracking Template at the lowest level in hierarchy. 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.