AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can we target specific type of devices or specific mobile operating system in Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I would like to setup a campaign targeting only iphone. I check the setting "Devices" it only allow me increase/decrease relative bid. Is there a setting I target fully target only iphone and ios devices?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Everyweb
October 2016

Re: Can we target specific type of devices or specific mobile operating system in Adwords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Everyweb,

By default, new campaigns target all types of devices, which include desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones. On the campaign settings page, however, you can target specific device manufacturers and models as well as specific operating systems in case you wish to do so. See this snip please:

Capture-oct13a.PNG

You also have the option to select some sub-categories for OS and Device models; I did not do it so that the snip is not too large.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Everyweb
October 2016

Re: Can we target specific type of devices or specific mobile operating system in Adwords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Everyweb,

By default, new campaigns target all types of devices, which include desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones. On the campaign settings page, however, you can target specific device manufacturers and models as well as specific operating systems in case you wish to do so. See this snip please:

Capture-oct13a.PNG

You also have the option to select some sub-categories for OS and Device models; I did not do it so that the snip is not too large.

Best,

Lakatos

Can we target specific type of devices or specific mobile operating system in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos, thanks for the advice. I managed to find the device setting at campaign page. However, device targeting seems to be only available on "Display network", no even on "Search and Display network". Is that correct? or did i miss out something to configure device targeting in Search network?

Regards,

Siew

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Everyweb,

Oh yeah, you are correct. For Display campaigns, you can target specific device types, operating systems, and models which aren’t available for other campaign types.

You did not mention that you had a specific campaign type preference on your mind. So what are your particular intentions?

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey guys,

Maybe things have changed since october 16 but do you confirm that we can't select specific OS for search campaigns?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Grég D,

Confirmed. OS, device models, carriers and Wi-Fi targeting are currently only available for Display campaigns and Mobile-only campaigns.

For more, pls refer to this help page:

***   Set up mobile device targeting   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7101715

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

What if I want to set up device targeting for search campaigns (instead of display campaigns) ? Is there a work-around method? 

Thank you.

Best,

Suki