AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can we customize the bids according to location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey friends,

I am confused about the bid setting for different locations. Actually, i want to set $5 cpc for australia and $3 cpc for argentina, please help how to do that for a same ad, or any alternative???

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we customize the bids according to location?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there and welcome to the community.

currently the only way to do this is to have separate campaigns and set your location targeting for each location with your separate bids. 

You could use adwords editor to duplicate the campaign to make things a bit easier for yourself. 

I hope this helps you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can create one Campaign called "Countries" then under the campaigns you create two ad groups, one for "Australia" and one for "Agentina". This setting would allow you to set different bids for each country. 

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

That's a great idea from purefuzz there. 

You can only target a campaign geographically at the campaign level, rather than the ad group level, so it would be better here to have two different campaigns for the 2 different countries.

If you had two different ad groups instead, you would not be able to guarantee that the Australia ads for example were not showing to people in Argentina. This is due to only being able to control your location targeting at the campaign level. 

Hope this makes things a little clearer. 

A. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

CPC setting is possible in Campaign level only. Not in Ad group level. Create 2 separate campaigns and set bids accordingly. There is facility to make duplicate ads in different campaigns.

Cheers.