AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't sign in to AdWords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I try to sign in to my account in AdWords Editor I get an error message that says: "The account you're trying to access doesn't exist. Please try again."

Have any of you experienced this or solved it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't sign in to AdWords Editor

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Alex,

What version of AdWords Editor are you using?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Even without knowing your version it could be an issue with your access level. Does your email you are using have the right permissions?

See the following support article https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/troubleshooter/2893845?hl=en#ts=3010499%2C3010439%2C289386...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The version I am using is 11.3.2. I am user that has administrative access to the AdWords account.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Are you entering an auth code generated in browser? If so, is the user logged in to the browser session the same as the login email you're using in Editor, and was apparently only granted access yesterday evening?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ApeMan, I'm entering the code that is generated and I am signed in as the same user that I'm trying to use in AdWords Editor. Yes, I was granted access yesterday.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
I don't see this as evidence of a more general problem. The fact that you only recently were added to the account may be contributory though. It's clear you can access the account through the web interface. As far as AdWords Editor goes, the only requests seen in today's (3/3) logs are from the other user associated with that account.

Another wrinkle is that the newly added email looks like it's been associated with 2 different Google accounts; one that was deleted some weeks ago. Notwithstanding, what's in the database looks correct so the backend should be able to authenticate you as an Editor user.

I'd try the following:

Based on the error then, you shouldn't have anything for that account in the Accounts Manager window.

If you do, remove it, get a new auth code, and try entering the customer ID, instead of login email, in the entry field that says "Email or customer ID:"

If you still get the error, turn on diagnostic logging as described in https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/94249?hl=en

Ensure you currently don't have any existing log files (delete them if you do), then repeat the login sequence to capture the error in the logs.

Make sure you turn off diagnostic logging once you have the error as logging can really slow things down.

Submit the logs to https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/contact/awe_gen

Ignore any responses you get with general or nonsensical suggestions.