AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't see my ad!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I managed to pay for my ad but I can't view it on any search results. I've tried using the Adword diagnosis tool but still I don't see it even there. What is the problem since the statistics show that Its viewed and clicked, when?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Can't see my ad!

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Croms, 

To check if your ad is showing the Ad Preview Tool will help you out. This should show you if your ad is showing, or give you a reason if it is not. Maybe trying this again would help you solve the problem? Alternatively you could hover your mouse over the speech bubble in the 'Status' column next to your keywords or ads to get a better idea if they are showing or not.

Also, if you want to see when your ads were clicked on you can run a report in your account to show you the hour of day that the ads were clicked on. This link here will help you run these reports. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Croms, 

To check if your ad is showing the Ad Preview Tool will help you out. This should show you if your ad is showing, or give you a reason if it is not. Maybe trying this again would help you solve the problem? Alternatively you could hover your mouse over the speech bubble in the 'Status' column next to your keywords or ads to get a better idea if they are showing or not.

Also, if you want to see when your ads were clicked on you can run a report in your account to show you the hour of day that the ads were clicked on. This link here will help you run these reports. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Croms,

What is your location targeting set to? If you are located outside of your targeted location, then your ad will not get served to you when trying to view. You can edit your location when testing in the Ad Preview tool.

Also, if you have a small daily budget, it's very likely that your budget is exhuasted by the time you try to  preview the ad. In which case, the ad will not show up.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Most of the type it's caused by the low quality score of your keyword(s). You can consider buying long tail keywords with higher quality score instead of just focusing on keywords with low quality score. 

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Elenana raises an interesting point about quality score and keywords. 

You can bid on different keywords as you wish depending on your business needs, but it can help with your quality score to try and find specific keywords that are relevant to your business. Usually 2 or 3 word phrases tend to work well. (Bear in mind though, that you are bidding on these keywords rather than buying them, so your ad might not show up every time a user types in your keywords, as another advertiser might be winning in that ad auction for some of the time.)

This link here might help if you'd like to read about quality score in a little greater depth. 

A.