AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get my Ad to be on top anymore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a campaign that's been running for over two years for a client who wants his ad to be first on top ALL the time, but for about two weeks now I just can't get this Ad displaying on top, event puting very big numbers as CPC MAX ($200!), it's always second, even though the numbers are saying "Position: 1" in the AdWords control panel. Why is that? 

The main key words for this ad are "clinique privée", the Area is Quebec City, Canada, and 60km around.

Thanks for helping me on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Can't get my Ad to be on top anymore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I seem to have solved the problem by targeting the city twice (in 2 different ways). Weird.

Thanks anyways...

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I saw some ad using TM on that key word is that yours? If not and if it is a registered trademark of some some one else and if that company uses it on google i think google will give him preference

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Danny,

What you see on adwords interface is the average rank of the ad in the auction & auction rank determines the order of the ads on the page which keeps updating with every search.

As you have bid with highest possible amount, try these things-

1.Put the keyword in all - The Headline, Either of description lines & in display URL.with slash(/)

2.Add an ad-group with this single keyword only preferably with Exact or BMM Match type.

3.Use strong call to action &

4.Test multiple ads at a time (at-least 2)

I hope this can give the result you want.

Cheers,

Vinayak

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Those are not TM words, it's french for "private clinic"...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I seem to have solved the problem by targeting the city twice (in 2 different ways). Weird.

Thanks anyways...