AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't find how to tell AdWords Editor 11 to Download Removed Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In previous version of AdWords Editor you could tell it to download/show removed Ads in the new AdWords editor the setting only mentions downloading/showing removed Campaigns/AdGroups. 

I have old ads I removed that I need to include in my data analysis based on our process. Can someone tell me how to get the new AdWords Editor to download and show my removed ads and associated performance data?

I am hoping it is a simple feature somewhere that we just haven't been able to find yet

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't find how to tell AdWords Editor 11 to Download Removed Ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Editor 11 doesn't download deleted ads, under any circumstances. Neither does Editor 10.6. There was an option to do that in still earlier versions - but those earlier versions don't work anymore.

You should be able to get reports, including deleted ads, from the online interface.

Re: Can't find how to tell AdWords Editor 11 to Download Removed Ads

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
So we should be doing data exports from the online interface - good to know, Thanks for the quick answer!