AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't edit client's campaign in MCC - original campaign was in AW Exp.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I just added a new client to my MCC. They had been managing their own campaign. But they had created the campaign in AW Express, which means I can't edit it via my MCC.

What's the solution? Do I have to create new campaigns and ask the client to pause or delete the original one?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author onbeta
September 2015

Re: Can't edit client's campaign in MCC - original campaign was in AW

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, well, that's the thing about AdWords Express, isn't it? Woman Happy  It's not really customizable and your optimization options are very limited.

It's not for everyone. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Although you can view performance data in the AdWords UI, you'll need to log in to the AdWords Express interface to make changes to the client's ads. 

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I did that and I was able to make changes, but not significant ones. Ultimately I decided to create new campaigns in the standard interface.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author onbeta
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, well, that's the thing about AdWords Express, isn't it? Woman Happy  It's not really customizable and your optimization options are very limited.

It's not for everyone. 

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*