AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't connect my Google Adwords account to Google My business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a number of clients on both Adwords and My business.  I cannot seem to connect the two.  I have seen the tutorials and Q&A on these forums.  In some explanations that Google My places pops up when you go to add a location extension.  I am assuming that in order for it to do that there must already be some link between adwords and my business.  I don't see this.  I don't see it in business data.  the email address managing both accounts is the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey Bert,

if you really manage both accounts - Google AdWords and Google My Business, then you should just easily connect these two by loggin in to your AdWords account -> Ad Extensions -> Location extension from dropdown menu. Then click on +Locations(big red button) and you should see available locations you can add to your AdWords account. If not you can try to choose the other option and send a request to your Google My Business account. You can confirm this request here: https://business.google.com/manage/#/adwordsmanage

Tomáš

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey Bert,

if you really manage both accounts - Google AdWords and Google My Business, then you should just easily connect these two by loggin in to your AdWords account -> Ad Extensions -> Location extension from dropdown menu. Then click on +Locations(big red button) and you should see available locations you can add to your AdWords account. If not you can try to choose the other option and send a request to your Google My Business account. You can confirm this request here: https://business.google.com/manage/#/adwordsmanage

Tomáš

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

You have to be a manager of the GMB account to link it to AdWords. Either the owner has to make you a manager, or they have to go into the AdWords account (with the same email) and add the GMB account.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Tomas,

Thanks for replying.

The issue was I had a local address set up in that account and so when adding another it wouldn't show the pop up to the Google My Business.

Bert

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this link has a 404 error any updated way to do this?