AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Copy an Ad - Final URL Debacle

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Currently you can't copy any Ads because the old ad only has Dest. URL and has not been converted to Final URL by Google.  When you attempt to paste it isn't smart enough to copy Dest. URL to Final URL so you get an error there is no Final URL.

These ads were created only 2 weeks ago. So is there no way to copy a pre-existing ad right now?

Re: Can't Copy an Ad - Final URL Debacle

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jeff,

I would export the ads and upload via CSV. You can create a column for Final URL. Otherwise, you can copy and paste then move the destination URL to the Final URL manually but depending on how many ads you are moving that could be tedious.

Hope this helps!

Re: Can't Copy an Ad - Final URL Debacle

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If the URL is the same, you can also use Adwords Editor, select all the ads and enter the Final URL once.

I don't understand the logic behind this change from Dest URL to Final URL - what is Google's reason/objective in making this change.  Will Dest. URL still have some function, if not, then why do the Adwords interfaces not automatically treat the two as one in the same?