AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Add Campaigns to Campaign Groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

Is anyone else having issues adding campaigns to their campaign groups? I'm brand new to campaign groups, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong...

I created the campaign group, gave it a name, and set a performance target (Avg CPC). When I went to add campaigns to the group, I wasn't able to click on the little box on the right that has the two little ">>" in it. This is preventing me from actually adding campaigns to the campaign group.

Does anyone know what it is that I'm doing wrong? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,
~Jonathan M.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't Add Campaigns to Campaign Groups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jonathan,

Are you trying to add campaigns to multiple groups? I've run into this when I tried to add campaigns to a new group when they were already in a particular group. The only other possibility I can think of without digging in would be that maybe if you're using conversions as a metric and conversions were not set up...that's a reach but maybe something you can look into if applicable.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

This is my first campaign group to have created. So I know that I'm not running into a "multiple groups" issue.

The performance target I'm using is Avg CPC, so the conversions shouldn't be the issue either.

Good thoughts, though! Those are definitely things to keep in mind moving forward.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan M
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonathan M,

Campaign Groups had been in beta till recently and is right now being rolled out around the globe. Hence we are all brand new to it; there is an insufficient amount of documentation and experience available on the forum at the moment. This new feature is going to be fundamental though.

I think that @PPCBossman is right on. I assume that some of your other settings applied to particular campaigns are preventing you from the logical ability to add those particular campaigns to the campaign group. Just wishing to give you another example different from the one above. I faced the same issue as you till I discovered that the 2 campaigns I wanted to add were added to the same shared budget under Shared Library/Budgets. When I removed them the picture cleared and they got added.

Best,

Lakatos

Capture-sep9.PNG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Lakatos. It looks like the issue I was running into was the shared budget issue. I hope that's something that they fix. Shared budgets are necessary for the client's that we're working with and it'd be unfortunate if we're unable to use campaign groups because of our need of shared budgets.

Can't Add Campaigns to Campaign Groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, As of now, we cannot use the 'campaign groups' feature if the campaigns are using shared budget.