AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can my google account access two different adwords accounts? Two different businesses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run the adwords for a business I work for as well as my own business.  How can I attach my single account to both?  Currently it is a HUGE pain to log in and out of accounts constantly.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can my google account access two different adwords accounts? Two different businesses.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi madelquestrian,

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like you need to create an MCC (my client center) account so you can access both accounts under one login.

You have to create an MCC using new, different logins to your existing accounts. This makes sure Google log you into the correct account. You can't have one account and 2 separate adwords accounts, it just can't work.

"A My Client Center (MCC) account saves time by letting you view and easily manage all of your AdWords accounts from a single location. An MCC account isn't an "upgrade" of your AdWords account. Instead, it's an entirely new account you create."

You can sign up for an MCC here

Once you have created your MCC, you'll see a button that says "link existing accounts". You need to enter in the cliient ID of the account you want to link up to here. That sends a request to the account that you want to. That account owner must log in and go to My Account > Account Access page and accept this invitation to link before you get access.

It should then appear as an account in your MCC. You'll need to do this to both of the accounts you want in there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Re: Can my google account access two different adwords accounts? Two different businesses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've done this but I don't have a "link exhisting accounts" button anywhere.  I have tried searching and am now thoroughly frustrated.  I tried sending an invitation from our adwords account but as soon as I logged in it said that my MCC account was already linked to an adwords!  

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

OK, lets run through things.

You should have 3 logins now.

1 - your work adwords

2 - your own business adwords

3 - your new mcc account

When you log into your MCC account you should see the below.

MCC link accounts

Do you see this or are you seeing what you normally see in your other accounts? Like the campaigns tab etc.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Just to clarify here, currently is isn't possible to have the same email address being associated with two different AdWords accounts (this is why an MCC is a good plan). 

If you're trying to add an email address already associated with an existing AdWords account to another new account, this would be why you're getting error messages.

Hope this helps!

A.