AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can i set budget on Ad Group Level

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guy,

I have a campaign where 10 ad groups but we have focus on 2 ad groups and we need to increase budget of these ad groups. My question is that is possible any way (Bid Strategy, Automated Rule...).

Note: Not interested to make different campaign for these ad groups.

Thanks,

Pavan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can i set budget on Ad Group Level

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hello Pavan,

Sorry, but it's not possible to set ad group level budgets. It's the campaign level that you do that. If the reason of being not interested to make different campaign for these particular ad groups is fear that they won't work the same as they are now, my suggestion would be moving all the rest ad groups (the ones that aren't so important) to a new campaign and leaving the old campaign for the important ones). 

If you decide to leave everything in one campaign, it's possible to play with automated rules. For example, you can choose a rule to pause all other ad groups at certain times daily (or reduce maximum CPC's), but this won't be an ideal solution. 

As for a flexible bid strategy, you can choose your important ad groups and create a flexible bid strategy with a rather large daily spend. You'll find more about them here

Milda

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavan Rai
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Milda,

Sounds good suggestion to make another group that aren't so important.

Thanks,
Pavan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hello Pavan,

Sorry, but it's not possible to set ad group level budgets. It's the campaign level that you do that. If the reason of being not interested to make different campaign for these particular ad groups is fear that they won't work the same as they are now, my suggestion would be moving all the rest ad groups (the ones that aren't so important) to a new campaign and leaving the old campaign for the important ones). 

If you decide to leave everything in one campaign, it's possible to play with automated rules. For example, you can choose a rule to pause all other ad groups at certain times daily (or reduce maximum CPC's), but this won't be an ideal solution. 

As for a flexible bid strategy, you can choose your important ad groups and create a flexible bid strategy with a rather large daily spend. You'll find more about them here

Milda

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavan Rai
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Milda,

Sounds good suggestion to make another group that aren't so important.

Thanks,
Pavan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I noticed a few ad groups with extremely high clicks rather than the more important ad groups which are my main focus. Therefore, I used the "Automate" and "Pause ad groups when" and clicked on "PAUSE" the (unimportant very high clicked) ad group when my budget > $2 is reached at a frequency of once per day 3pm. Hope this helps!