AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can i run Text ads and Image ads on same Placements?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

Can i run Text ads and Image ads on same Placements?

I have two different campaigns i.e. one for text ads and one for Image ads. I want to run both on display network with exactly same targeted placements keeping all the campaign level setting same for both.

Will there be any conflict?

Thanks,

Gurpreet Singh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can i run Text ads and Image ads on same Placements?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Gurpreet,

Welcome to the adwords CommunitySmiley Happy
Google allows the double serving in GDN.

Yes you can run both text ads and image ads in same placement at the same time. Even Google also show the 2-3 text ads and image ads simultaneously to the single users.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rakesh,

Will there be nay conflict? I mean Image/text ads show at the same time to the same user?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes,

Adwords will show you the multiple ads, it can be either Text or Image Ads, to the same users at the same time.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to this : the placement has to allow the banner size that you have in the Ad , not all placement allow all banner sizes . Plus you have no "Ad preview tool" to verify , you can only check impression count.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Great Point Given by Adrian that i have missed it.

Thanks @ AdrianSmiley Happy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So both of you mean to say that on the same page my text ad and image ad will be visible to the same user at the same time?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"So both of you mean to say that on the same page my text ad and image ad will be visible to the same user at the same time?"

No, there is no guarantee that for all impressions both your Ads ( banner and text) will be visible.

This depends on the competition, the Ad Rank of both Ads. Probably if you bid higher than all your competitors on the same placement, you can increase the chances for this double-serving to happen.

Testing both Ads on the same placement can provide the answer for your concern. Let them run for a week and check the avg. pos of both Ads. If one Ad has a low avg. pos. for example 6 , you can bid higher on it to increase its impression count.