AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can any one help me in how to remove duplicate ads in adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

There are lot of duplicate ads in my adwords account. Is there any way other way to remove duplicate ads.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh Chandra .G

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author naresh c
December 2015

Re: Can any one help me in how to remove duplicate ads in adwords?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Naresh,

I think it can be done manually with the help of excel sheet using the remove duplicate tool.
Copy your ads from editor to the excel.
Choose the columns with headline, description line 1, description line 2, display url and the destination url only and then use remove duplicate tool and after removing duplicates paste again to the editor.

Please try as I have never done this practically hope it will work.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello Naresh Chandra .G, hope you are doing great.

You can remove dublicates using Editor.
Please refer to this article:
https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/47633?hl=en

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author naresh c
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Naresh,

I think it can be done manually with the help of excel sheet using the remove duplicate tool.
Copy your ads from editor to the excel.
Choose the columns with headline, description line 1, description line 2, display url and the destination url only and then use remove duplicate tool and after removing duplicates paste again to the editor.

Please try as I have never done this practically hope it will work.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Alexey, But I am looking for duplicate Ads not for duplicate keywords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Archit,

This helped me a lot and came to know one more method to remove duplicate Ads.

If i remove duplicate Ads in excel, i cannot able to find which Ad has been deleted, and cannot able to pause in interface.

Thanks & Regards,
Naresh Chandra .G

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Apology, I forgot to mention that after copying the ads you need to pause them first before pasting again.(after removing duplicates)

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I do that the history of the Ads will lost right ? impressions clicks and conversions everything will be lost. is there any solution for that ?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

The history of that particular will be still there as you have just paused it and can re-enable any time.
Though the new(copied ads) will accumulate the data from the start but still your account history is already there(even if you have deleted your ads) which will help to speedily cover the QS which depends on the expected CTR(depends a lot on the historical data).

Moreover you can use custom parameter.

Regards

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You can actually do this more in Editor by adding multiple search conditions one after the other. You don't need excel. You can use Search Builder in Editor across the whole account.

Once you have entered all the search criteria (Headline/desc line/url etc) and found your duplicate ads, remove the ones you wish to remove by hitting delete.

No data is ever deleted. You can view it by selected View All and not View all but removed and going to the time frame you want to see data for ( as long as the ad was running at that time).

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Abbie,

Can we choose the multiple fields Headline, desc 1, desc 2, display url and the final url at the same time to remove duplicates via editor only?

I am asking this because sometimes we keep the headlines of few ads same and change only the description lines or vice-versa.

Regards