AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can't verify site for ad extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have two sites for our adwords campaign and are trying to get call extensions verified for the second site before Google makes it mandatory to have the sites verified.

The problem is that this second site is verified in webmaster tools but Adwords doesn't recognize it. From adwords, I go to verify the site for the call extension in webmaster tools, and it gives me the options to verify the site. However, when I enter webmaster tools, the site is there and I'm the verified owner. This site is out of the box (jimdo) and so it's not simply a matter of uploading the verification code (no FTP access). We have verified the site using analytics code inserted into the one place we can insert code in the header, but the Adwords-Wembaster tools link is not conveying this somehow.

Any ideas on what we should do?

Thanks very much.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't verify site for ad extensions

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The workaround I have found is to add a page to your web site with your phone number on it - and add this as the verification url - it does not need to be the ad landing page or the home page, it just needs to be a page on the same domain.

Try this and let us know if it works for you as it could help others in a similar situation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, I will give it a try.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately, because the new page is added through the CMS, it isn't working. But thanks for the suggestion.