AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can a placement website exclude my web url, if yes please tell me how to recover from it

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I was getting very good clicks and impressions (avg 50000 imp on daily basis) from one of placement website but from last two days I didn't get a single impression from it. Please tell me if my website has been banned by the same placement or what? And if it banned then please tell me how I could get it back as its my potential placement, giving me best results.

Anand Vishwakarma
2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can a placement website exclude my web url, if yes please tell me how to recover from it

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi avish,

AdSense publishers are able to block advertisers from advertising on their site.

If this is the case and they have blocked you, it's unlikely you'll get back on that site again.

Another option would be to increase your bids for this placement in case other advertisers have come in and knocked your ads off the pages. You could try this as a test anyway.

Hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Can a placement website exclude my web url, if yes please tell me how to recover from it

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi avish,

I could think of few possibilities here...

1. The competition to display ads on that particular placement increased and probably your bidding was not enough to compete during the ad auction.

2. There is a slight possibility that your Quality Score on the placement on Display Network might got a hit due to which your ad was not able to get impressions on that placement.

Look at the historical data when your ad was doing well on that domain and also look for any changes you made. There might be latent impact on your campaign due to which you lost impressions. I am not sure if you included that placement under managed placements and was controlling from there. Try increasing the bid and also look at the Relative CTR metrics to see how your ads performed in comparison to other advertisers.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi avish,

AdSense publishers are able to block advertisers from advertising on their site.

If this is the case and they have blocked you, it's unlikely you'll get back on that site again.

Another option would be to increase your bids for this placement in case other advertisers have come in and knocked your ads off the pages. You could try this as a test anyway.

Hope this helps you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi avish,

I could think of few possibilities here...

1. The competition to display ads on that particular placement increased and probably your bidding was not enough to compete during the ad auction.

2. There is a slight possibility that your Quality Score on the placement on Display Network might got a hit due to which your ad was not able to get impressions on that placement.

Look at the historical data when your ad was doing well on that domain and also look for any changes you made. There might be latent impact on your campaign due to which you lost impressions. I am not sure if you included that placement under managed placements and was controlling from there. Try increasing the bid and also look at the Relative CTR metrics to see how your ads performed in comparison to other advertisers.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Avish,

In addition to great suggestions above by Adam & Pankaj,

Sometimes placement websites got server issues or any technical issues and do not work. First of all I would advice you to check placement if it is working perfectly fine. I had the same issue some time back and this was the case with me.

Next, apart from bidding high - you can also test different set of ads. Although as you said, you suddenly seeing NO impressions, this might not be the case. But I would certainly try test new ads with small tweaks and lil high bid.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've increased bid upto alomost double, but no impressions yet. I think publisher has blocked my url Smiley Sad

Anand Vishwakarma

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah Neha,

I would certainly work on your suggestions. And as far as concern of bid, I've raised it almost double but no positive impact.

Anand Vishwakarma

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

I looked into the historical data and found I dadn't make any changes during the same period.

Well, thanks for your vews and suggestions. Thanks to all of you.

Anand

Anand Vishwakarma

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

And I am using this placement in Managed placement.

Anand Vishwakarma

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Anand,

If they have blocked you as an advertiser, it wouldn't matter if it was automatic or managed.

It seems to me that this might be the case if you've already tried increasing your bids for this placement (can't say for sure though).

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Friends,

In a bubble box right to that placement a message is showing "Showing ads right now : Yes". It gives me lil hopes. Could I consider that placement hasn't blocked me at all?

Anand Vishwakarma