AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use remarketing ads for the Valve Steam Store page if GA is already integrated?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to run a remarketing campaign for my video game available Steam. I already have GA hooked up to our game page on Valve's Steam Store. Can I track users who visit the store for a remarketing campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clive G
August 2016

Re: Can I use remarketing ads for the Valve Steam Store page if GA is already integrated?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Clive,

Great question. As long as GA is working on your game page, you should be able to create a remarketing list in GA and import it to AdWords so that you can serve remarketing ads to the users on the list.

Here is more info: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clive G
August 2016

Re: Can I use remarketing ads for the Valve Steam Store page if GA is already integrated?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Clive,

Great question. As long as GA is working on your game page, you should be able to create a remarketing list in GA and import it to AdWords so that you can serve remarketing ads to the users on the list.

Here is more info: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks John. That's great. Just a case of testing it now.

Can I use remarketing ads for the Valve Steam Store page if GA is already integrated?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Clive

Did you ever test this and how did it go? Looking into something similar. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I've set-up two campaigns based on using the GA tag. The one challenge is that there are no downstream metrics for new cohorts (Steam is a black box that doesn't enable attribution). All performance is a guestimate. 

There are third-party solutions for attribution but none of them is able to compensate for adblockers which a high percentage of PC gamers use. 

Clive.