AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I upload HTML for my GSP campaign in AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!!

I wanted to create new campaign in AdWords after the GSP accounts became inactive. I created new beautiful html template and when I wanted to uploaded it I faced a problem. I have no idea how to upload my own html. As I can see there is only possibility to create my add with Ad Gallery and those templates are not what I am looking for.

Is there still option to upload my own html as I did before in GSP account? If yes could some provide me with tutorial?

Thanks a lot for help!

Regards,

Marta

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I upload HTML for my GSP campaign in AdWords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave, but the HTML is ready, my problem is if I can use it for me GSP campaign within AdWords? Cause I couldn´t find the way to upload it into my campaign as an ad. So are we now only able to use the Google templates without creating our own?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Martha
I don't think so.
According to the second link:

Important
Only HTML5 ads created with Google Web Designer are supported.
Assets in the ZIP file can be any combination of the supported file types. See the “File types” section in this table.
All images used in HTML5 ads must be local images, not referenced images, and should be part of the assets that comprise the ZIP file.
Only tap components are supported. Videos and maps are not supported.
Only Google web fonts are supported. Other web fonts are not supported.
For environment target actions, timer and multiple exits are not supported.
Expandable ads are not supported.
Local storage methods cannot be used in HTML5 ads.

I think your best bet would be to import them with GWD and see if you can upload them through that directly. The GSP feature is still in beta so there's no part of the ad upload feature of it in the main AdWords UI.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marta P
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave, but I found very easy way. It is enough to upload my ad into https://www.google.com/ads/gsp/creative/
then to download the zip and upload it within AdWords Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot. It helped.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.