AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I turn off Targeted locations? If so, how? I am fine with my ads appearing all over the world.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am fine with my ads appearing all over the world. How do I turn off Targeted locations, if at all possible?

I do not want to remove all my currently targeted locations (232) one by one, only to find out it was not the right solution.

I tried:

Targeted locations: Everything | Everywhere | All countries | The entire world | Planet Earth | Universe | * | % | all | ""

But none of them are a valid option apparently.

Also, I bet by targeting 232 countries I slow your servers down for no reason. But I don't want to accidentally leave out a country. It would be much easier to just target * or turn off the filter entirely.

Thanks,

--3ICE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 3ICE
September 2015

Re: Can I turn off Targeted locations? If so, how? I am fine with my ads appearing all over the worl

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

If you delete all campaign targeting you are left with "all countries and territories" 

Go to Location Targeting in settings

Click show map

remove all targeting

Or you could do it adwords editor.

View solution in original post

Re: Can I turn off Targeted locations? If so, how? I am fine with my ads appearing all over the worl

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello 3ICE,

Please first decide in which countires you want to target you audience, make list of them and add them at your Location targeting. For this go to your Campaign setting and then at Locations and languages click edit next to Location, now you can see search box there, type county name there, you can see automaticaly name will come and then click on add next to contry name and then save.

If you have long list of conutires then decide which countries you don't want to show your ad, follow same steps as mentioed above and as country name come up click on Exclude next to country name. By doing this you can show your ads to entire world beside these excluded countries.

Dinesh
My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 3ICE
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

If you delete all campaign targeting you are left with "all countries and territories" 

Go to Location Targeting in settings

Click show map

remove all targeting

Or you could do it adwords editor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, this is indeed the solution. (I was afraid to try it without confirmation first.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think you read even the title.

Canned text much?