AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I target people who have visited websites other than my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to start posting display network ads, and we would like to target people who have visited websites other than our company website. We could come up with a list of those URLs, but they would be websites over which we have no control. Is there a way to do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I target people who have visited websites other than my websit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David H,

In a word, "No". You can not do that. But, if you could place your remarketing code on their pages, you could do that.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Can I target people who have visited websites other than my websit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are we able to remarket to people who visited our social pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Indeed.com page...etc) ... to explain this further.. if I'm an advertiser and has all those social pages for my business am I able to remarket to people who visited any of these pages but not yet visited my site?

I understand that it should work with the code on the page for the cookies to work, but aren't there anyway or solution for the social pages? by urls, by any other means of settings within these pages maybe..?

Also what are the referrer url? Couldn't that be a way for the above example? or how else this referrer urls is use as well?

Thank you in advance.