AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I run a partial phrase keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I run a partial phrase keyword for e.g. +Hotel +Deals "KR Puram"

To avoid locality name conflicting with each other.

Please help.

Thanks,

Aditya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I run a partial phrase keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Aditya,

You must choose modified broad or phrase, they cannot be combined. I would actually suggest testing both. I''m not sure what you mean by "to avoid locality name conflicting with each other", though. Could you elaborate your concerns there?

Best,
Amy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
*when I say that I would suggest testing both, I mean as separate keywords. Sorry, I realize that may not have been clear.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Aditya,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

The answer is - NO.

You cannot use partial phrase/exact match keyword. Secondly, when you use modifiers with your keywords, they have to be Broad Match. That'swhy they are called Broad Match Modifier (BMM).

Now, as solution to conflicting/similar locality names, you can use it this way -

hotel deals +kr +puram

Yes in your case, it is better to use modifiers for geo terms, not to the seed keywords. 

Thanks

Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.