AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I restrict access to Google Adwords/Analytics using a VPN or similar solution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to restrict access to Ga & Adwords, so that one can only able to log in if connected to our Office IP or if using a VPN. Is this possible? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Can I restrict access to Google Adwords/Analytics using a VPN or similar solution?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emile P,

I don't believe that is an option. Use strong passwords, change them often.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emile P,

I don't believe that is an option. Use strong passwords, change them often.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Emile,

I agree with the Pete as there is no option to restrict the user via IP address. But yes you can make a strong password or give only read-only access to secure your settings.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Emile,

I can advice you to use two-component authentication. If a mobile to re-type second password must be in the office, you are sure that nobody from outside can log in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the tip! I was actually considering 2FA an option. But didn't quite know how the setup would look like. Does this mean I need to create an OAuth app and connect that to Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

No, you can just need 2FA to log in to Google account and adwords account. As a result nobody even see your adwords account without sms. It should protect your account from unauthorized access.

You just have to change security preferences on Google account which you are using to manage AdWords