AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I redirected URL should be issue in adwords??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI All I have question here...... Actually I am running one campaign. My site url was example.com/home now beacuse of some reason it it change to example.com. Now my ad has the destination url example.com/home. But when user come to example.com/home it get redirected to the home page. So should I change my destination URl to example.com or I can use the same url (example.com/home)

Is it valid in adword to redirect user from example.com/homr to example.com

please guide me

Tx

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kanhaiya U
September 2015

Re: Can I redirected URL should be issue in adwords??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kanhaiya,
This is a little tricky.
In most situations, it's OK to leave the redirect. However, it might be best to change it.

The only reason you would really leave this as it is now is to preserve your ads click data. If the ad hasn't been running long, I'd go ahead and change it. If you really need the data associated with it, make sure it's a 301 redirect (use a header checker tool).
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kanhaiya U
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kanhaiya,

In addition to Dave suggestions, yes you will loose your ads stats if you edit the ads URL. To avoid this i would suggests you can use the keywords level destination url, so that your keywords level destination url will appear in the ads or in this way you can preserve the current ads performance and data.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404246?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
tx Dave...actually this account have long term data... so I will make it to 301.