AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I place product promo code in text ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to add "Use Code:XYZ & save" as part of the text ad headline or body.

Would this text-ad be disapproved? If so why? Is there an extension I can use? I tried using sitelinks but that was disapproved as well.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I place product promo code in text ads?

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your posting. Regarding your question on adding product promo code in the text ads, I highly suggest you use sitelink ad extensions instead. You could add the product promo code as one of the ad extensions which can be linked to a separate landing page all about your product promotion. An added benefit would be your sitelink ad extensions would improve your ad rank (as mentioned recently on an Inside Adwords blog article). You can learn more about using sitelink ad extensions: here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416?hl=en

Re: Can I place product promo code in text ads?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello new user,

As a second opinion, Since I have noticed that you have already attempted to use sitelinks and they were dissaproved, could you identify the reason for dissaproval ?

Here is the list of policies for sitelinks that might help : link

My first guess would be that the & symbol was against the policy of using symbols in sitelinks so try to use the word And instead.