AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I link my google plus page to google adwords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can I link my google plus page to google adwords? If so, would I be able to get more googleplus likes on my page?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edgar L
September 2015

Re: Can I link my google plus page to google adwords?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Edgar, 

You absolutely can add a Google+ ad extension to your ads. Better news is that social annotations can show automatically with its ads. No setup or management needed! However, there are a few requirements for your ads to be eligible to show these automatic annotations:

• Your Google+ page has to be linked to your website.
    Follow these instructions to link your Google+ page and your website if they aren't already linked. This will allow social annotations to appear, and it'll also help your Google+ page and website be discovered in Google search.
  • The domain of your ad's display URL has to match the website URL you've added to your Google+ page.
    • For example, George's ad that has a display URL of happysnacks.com/low-carb will match with a Google+ page that displays the website URL of happysnacks.com because they share the same domain.
    • If you have the same site with different top-level or second-level domains for different countries, contact us and ask us to match these. For example, your ads lead to google.fr and google.co.uk, but your Google+ page displays the URL google.com
  • Your Google+ page needs to have recent, high-quality posts and a significant number of followers, meaning a minimum of 100 for most companies.

Bear in mind that social annotations may not show all the time on your ads. Whether or not they show depends on several things, including the size of the browser window and what other extensions are showing with your ad.

Let us know if you have any other questions, 

Hannah

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edgar L
September 2015

Re: Can I link my google plus page to google adwords?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Edgar, 

You absolutely can add a Google+ ad extension to your ads. Better news is that social annotations can show automatically with its ads. No setup or management needed! However, there are a few requirements for your ads to be eligible to show these automatic annotations:

• Your Google+ page has to be linked to your website.
    Follow these instructions to link your Google+ page and your website if they aren't already linked. This will allow social annotations to appear, and it'll also help your Google+ page and website be discovered in Google search.
  • The domain of your ad's display URL has to match the website URL you've added to your Google+ page.
    • For example, George's ad that has a display URL of happysnacks.com/low-carb will match with a Google+ page that displays the website URL of happysnacks.com because they share the same domain.
    • If you have the same site with different top-level or second-level domains for different countries, contact us and ask us to match these. For example, your ads lead to google.fr and google.co.uk, but your Google+ page displays the URL google.com
  • Your Google+ page needs to have recent, high-quality posts and a significant number of followers, meaning a minimum of 100 for most companies.

Bear in mind that social annotations may not show all the time on your ads. Whether or not they show depends on several things, including the size of the browser window and what other extensions are showing with your ad.

Let us know if you have any other questions, 

Hannah