AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I get 2 remarketing codes for 1 Adwords Account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 websites(different domains) for a single company and am running PPC for them in a single adwords account. I want to start remarketing for them and need 2 separate remarketing codes (one for each website) so that I can target audience more specifically. So is it possible to get 2 remarketing codes under 1 account? If Yes, How??

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author akshita p
July 2016

Re: Can I get 2 remarketing codes for 1 Adwords Account?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Yes, it is possible to generate two different lists with individual tags. You can use the option 'Visitors of a page with specific tag' Screenshot here.

Alternatively, you can also generate Remarketing lists from Analytics (more info here) and use them in AdWords. You'll have to link your accounts to do so.

Feel free to write back.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author akshita p
July 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Yes, it is possible to generate two different lists with individual tags. You can use the option 'Visitors of a page with specific tag' Screenshot here.

Alternatively, you can also generate Remarketing lists from Analytics (more info here) and use them in AdWords. You'll have to link your accounts to do so.

Feel free to write back.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ak [censored]a,
To add to Sumanth's excellent answer, I'd just caution that be careful with running AdWords Campaigns for two different domains in a single Account.  AdWords specifically prohibits Double-Serving; you can read more about Google policies here.  Also, Google only allows one Ad per AdWords Account to serve Ads in an auction.

You have may have a logical business reason for running Ads for multiple websites, but typically this is not recommended.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ak [censored]a,

To answer your question - I agree with Sumanth. You can create 2 remarketing lists - one for each website.
But I also do agree with vkore91 - having 2 websites in the same account is not really the way to go. Have both websites in different accounts. Use an MCC account if you want ease of managing the accounts.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!