AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I create an Ad Schedule on a campaign that runs from Monday at 8am thru Friday at 5pM?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working with the AdWords API and am wondering if I can create an ad schedule that starts Monday at 8am and runs through Friday at 5pm? It seems like the latest I can set the end time for any given day is 23:45 so I would have a 15min window where the campaign would not be live...Or can I simply not set the end time for the day and it will run until the end of the day? Similarly, for a day that I want it to run all day, would I just not set a start and end time?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Layne S
October 2016

Can I create an Ad Schedule on a campaign that runs from Monday at 8am thru Friday at 5pM?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Layne,

The end time is required, you can't leave it blank.

It can be set to 24:00. The docs say that "24 signifies end of the day."

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201609/CampaignCriterionService.AdSchedule

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I had the same issue today, so to be on the "safe side", and not creating a gap of 15 mins in  the campaign  (a behavior  I would avoid in a "steady state" systems  as AdWords)  - I set  a schedule for each day, separately.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Layne S
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Layne,

The end time is required, you can't leave it blank.

It can be set to 24:00. The docs say that "24 signifies end of the day."

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201609/CampaignCriterionService.AdSchedule

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes!  Thank you, I totally missed that in the docs.  

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

By default, eligible ads may be shown at any time within a 24-hour day, any day of the week.

You can use the ad schedule to:

• Specify certain hours or days of the week when you want your ads to show
  • Set bid adjustments to increase or decrease your bids for specific days and times

Example

Suppose you run a dog-sled touring business in Alaska. By viewing your "Hour and day of the week" performance on the Ad schedule page, you've noticed that your ads get the best results between 8 and 11 a.m. on Tuesdays, when Extremely Cold Places is playing on television. You decide to adjust your ad schedule so that on Tuesdays, your ads only appear during that time.

About ad scheduling - New