AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I create ads "on the fly" from my ecommerce product XLS feed that contains title, price, url etc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had a look at Adwords Editor and was hoping to create adwords ads for all my products by importing my excel data from my ecommerce product feed that would then create ad groups, keywords(title etc) possibly with the aid of concatenate.

The structure that appears in an export of a campaign presents a tricky way of creating these in excel as far as I can see.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I create ads "on the fly" from my ecommerce product XLS feed that contains title,

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

@JBurton wrote:

I have had a look at Adwords Editor and was hoping to create adwords ads for all my products by importing my excel data from my ecommerce product feed that would then create ad groups, keywords(title etc) possibly with the aid of concatenate.

The structure that appears in an export of a campaign presents a tricky way of creating these in excel as far as I can see.

That's an interesting feature which you are looking for Smiley Happy

As far as I know you can import a spreadsheet with a prescribed format defined for Adwords Editor wherein the editor can then create the campaigns using that sheet. Refer to this article for details.

You might be interested in Adwords API where lot more can be accomplished in terms of bulk changes, custom reporting etc..There's dedicated forum for this. You might consider posting it in this forum.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: Can I create ads "on the fly" from my ecommerce product XLS feed that contains title,

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

You might want to consider Product Listing ads. This way, you manage your product feed via a Google Merchant Center account, link this account to an AdWords campaign, and then AdWords essentially generates ads for your products on the fly - you don't need to explicitly create individual ads for each product.

If you still want to import your spreadsheet into Editor and have it create keywords and ads for you, then you have to format the spreadsheet in the exact way that Editor understands. Editor cannot just take an arbitrary spreadsheet and guess what the author might have meant to do with it.