AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I advertise an Afrikaans Novel here?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently signed up for adwords, but I am not sure that this is the right medium to advertise my Afrikaans historical novel. I wrote the book and printed it myself as I have a pirnting shop. Publishers are reluctant to help me because they want to print and publish it themselves. My book was translated into English as well and published by Xlibris UK under the title "A NEW DAY DAWNS" but that is only available from them and their suppliers. My problem is to sell my Afrikaans version of which I have printed 5000 coppies.

I am not very good at telephonic conversations that is why i prefer to do things by email

hope that you will advise me. Thanks Pieter 

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I advertise an Afrikaans Novel here?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pieter,

This is an open forum - please edit your comment to remove your ID number.... for your own security...

That done, there is no reason why you should not advertise your Afrikaans book on AdWords... however, there is no language setting for Afrikaans - so you'll need to set the language targeting to another language - most likely English. You could then, of course, write your ads in Afrikaans - although you might need to get your regional Google office to approve the ads manually.

Obviously, you will also need to set the geo targeting for RSA - and you may want to sub-target for more Afrikaans speaking areas - I'm not sure about the demographics but I'm sure you will know where best to market within the country.

You might also look to run image ads on the Google Content Network and you will be able to hand pick sites in Afrikaans that carry Google ads.

Screen Shot 2013-03-10 at 1.13.11 PM.png

Good luck with the project.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pieter,

This is an open forum - please edit your comment to remove your ID number.... for your own security...

That done, there is no reason why you should not advertise your Afrikaans book on AdWords... however, there is no language setting for Afrikaans - so you'll need to set the language targeting to another language - most likely English. You could then, of course, write your ads in Afrikaans - although you might need to get your regional Google office to approve the ads manually.

Obviously, you will also need to set the geo targeting for RSA - and you may want to sub-target for more Afrikaans speaking areas - I'm not sure about the demographics but I'm sure you will know where best to market within the country.

You might also look to run image ads on the Google Content Network and you will be able to hand pick sites in Afrikaans that carry Google ads.

Screen Shot 2013-03-10 at 1.13.11 PM.png

Good luck with the project.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good Day,

Please assist me. How to show my ads in google.co.za when the other language options are selected?? no person can assist. I know google does not support those languages but why other peoples ads are shown in that google different language.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This two year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!