AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I Send Traffic to Social Profiles Via Content Network?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can I send traffic from image ads directly to a social media profile or does the destinate HAVE to be on my own website?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I Send Traffic to Social Profiles Via Content Network?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Regarding the question you posted, no you cannot re-direct your image ads Destination URL to a social media profile. The Destination URL must match the domain of your landing page URL. You can find out more about how our Destination URL policy on this link: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?hl=en&topic=1626336&path=1316546&ctx=leftnav

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Can I Send Traffic to Social Profiles Via Content Network?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Brian,

I don't think John Paul has addressed your question. He has assumed you have a web site, which apparently you do not.

You can send traffic directly to your social media profile if your display URL also shows the top level domain of that social media profile.

I'd be very careful proceeding with your plan. Set a low budget to begin with, one you can afford to lose altogether. And watch your results closely. The biggest problem with doing this is you will get virtually no metrics other than CTR if you simply send the traffic to your regular profile page as you can not add any tracking code to that page.

If you have a custom page for your "conversion", you will be able to add the conversion code to that. What you won't know is how long people stay on your profile page or whether they looked at any other parts of your profile. If you can't track conversions and you can't track activity (including bounce rates), you won't have any idea how successful your campaign is. That's just not a great way to do business or marketing.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords