AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Can I Create Text Ads that Only Show on YouTub

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From within AdWords can I:

A. Create Ad Groups that only target YouTube videos and don't show up in search results?

or

B. In order to do any type of text ads for YouTube they must be part of Search Network with Display Select?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe R
January 2016

Re: Can I Create Text Ads that Only Show on YouTub

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Joe,

Archit is correct--if you want to show text ads on YouTube, you would need to create a Display Only campaign, and use youtube.com as your only managed placement. If you do that within an ad group, you could target that ad group's ads solely to YouTube placements.

However, if you're trying to target Search campaign ads to YouTube, that will not work.

Let us know if you have other questions!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Joe,

A) it is not possible with search networks campaigns as you can restrict any set of keywords/search terms to block your ads to show but you can not target any particular placement.
Though you can opt out/increase bids for mobile device, location, day parting through bid adjustments.
You can also opt out search partners.

B) yes either Search with display or display only.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe R
January 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Joe,

Archit is correct--if you want to show text ads on YouTube, you would need to create a Display Only campaign, and use youtube.com as your only managed placement. If you do that within an ad group, you could target that ad group's ads solely to YouTube placements.

However, if you're trying to target Search campaign ads to YouTube, that will not work.

Let us know if you have other questions!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Archit - that's helpful - now I understand the text ads have to be part of some sort of display campaign in order to work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the clarification Cassie - I'll go with that!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I target a display ad on specific Youtube videos?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

@Ameenuddin Atif M Yes you can!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@CassieH Uhm.. Sorry but how? I did search before asking this. 

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi Ameenuddin,

You'll need to create a Display Only campaign, create your image ads, and then use managed placements as your targeting method. You can use the video's URL as your managed placement.

Keep in mind that any time you're doing such narrow targeting, there's a big chance that you will not be able to get impressions for various reasons--some creators may choose not to show ads on their videos or individual videos, or your ad quality might not meet the requirements. It's usually best to start out with a bit broader targeting (ex. multiple managed placements) and go from there.

I apologize for the short response earlier--in the future, the best way to get individualized help for a new question is to start a separate thread by going to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thanks!

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I have the same questions. Cassie wrote, "You'll need to create a Display Only campaign, create your image ads, and then use managed placements as your targeting method. You can use the video's URL as your managed placement." How do you create a text ad that goes on only Youtube.